Wendy Grabel serves as Of Counsel to the firm, specializing in employee benefits and the new Health Care Reform Law. Her practice encompasses retirement plans, deferred compensation, severance, and welfare programs, including medical and ancillary insurance plans, for both commercial and tax-exempt employers.
Focusing on both ERISA and the Tax Code, Wendy advises employers on administrative problems and their workable solutions, and on proper plan drafting to ensure regulatory compliance.
Wendy’s career includes associations with the New York City law firms Debevoise & Plimpton and Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler, as well as a Federal judicial clerkship in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
Areas of Specialization
- Employment benefits
- Pension, health, and welfare plans
- COBRA, HIPAA, and Health Care Reform requirements
- Executive and deferred compensation arrangements
- Taxation issues
- Employment and severance agreements
- Employee handbooks and manuals
- IRS, DOL, and PBGC compliance and representation
- Due diligence and ERISA warranties for sale and purchase agreements
- Past member, American Bar Association
- Past member, New York City Bar Association
- “Plan Qualification,” New York University School of Continuing Education, 1989, 1991
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- A.B., Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
- Connecticut, 1984
- United States District Court, Connecticut, 1985
- New York, 1986