Despite our considerable experience in employment litigation, the firm strongly believes that the most cost-effective way to “win” a lawsuit is to prevent it from happening. We strongly encourage preventive measures and planning, including:
- Reviewing employee handbooks
- Drafting appropriate at-will disclaimers for handbooks and applications
- Reviewing personnel policies, documents, and practices
- RIF planning
- Drafting separation packages and release
- Supervisor training
- Providing advice regarding applications, interviews, and performance evaluations.
Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR), which includes both mediation and arbitration, has long been a mainstay for disputes arising under the National Labor Relations Act. Our firm effectively and appropriately utilizes ADR processes as an alternative to costly and time-consuming litigation whenever that option is available and advisable.
For more information, please contact us.