John Glenn, with over 30 years of experience, has spent his career representing management in labor relations matters. His practice has focused on assisting clients in developing positive relationships with their workforces to decrease the likelihood of unionization. He has extensive experience working with employers during union campaigns, negotiating collective bargaining agreements, and representing employers at arbitration hearings, before the National Labor Relations Board and at state and federal agencies.
Prior to joining Skoler, Abbott & Presser, P.C., John was employed by the National Labor Relations Board in Cincinnati, Ohio. He has also served as an Adjunct Professor of Labor Law at Western New England College School of Law. For many years, John has been included in The Best Lawyers in America. John also has been named a Super Lawyer by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, which recognizes the top 5% of the lawyers in specific practice areas on the Commonwealth.
When not working, John works with young men recently-released from prison to assist them with acquiring life and academic skills to enhance their employment opportunities. John enjoys tennis, platform tennis, and watching college basketball. John rarely passes up the opportunity to travel throughout the country (and beyond) on challenging biking and hiking trips.
- Massachusetts, 1980
- Ohio, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts, 1980
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor Relations Law Section
- J.D., Northern Kentucky University
- M.A., Cornell University (Industrial and Labor Relations)
- B.A., Hanover College
- Best Lawyers in America, 1995-Present
- Super Lawyers, 2006-2009, 2013-2014
Professional Activities/Community Involvement
- Boards of the Western Massachusetts/Connecticut Ronald McDonald Charities
- Springfield School Volunteers
- President, Field Club of Longmeadow
- Chair, Board of Trustees, First Church of Christ in Longmeadow
- Chair, Longmeadow Zoning Board of Appeals
- President, Century Club
- Board Member, Ronald McDonald Charities
- Board Member, Springfield School Volunteer
- Adjunct Faculty, Labor Law, Western New England College School of Law, 1981-1982