Most lawsuits filed against employers arise out of discrimination and/or harassment.
Defending against such lawsuits can be costly in terms of dollars, as well as in the time employees are taken away from their day-to-day responsibilities in connection with the lawsuit. Discrimination and/or harassment judgements against an organization can weigh heavily on its finances and reputation. Recognizing that the stakes are high, Skoler, Abbott & Presser attorneys provide guidance to clients to help them avoid discrimination and harassment lawsuits, and we vigorously defend them when, despite those measures, a lawsuit is filed.
Subscribing to the belief that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, our attorneys offer a variety of “preventive” services including:
- Counseling our clients on day-to-day employment-related decisions
- Providing educational training programs for employees of all levels
- Developing hiring, evaluation, promotion, and retention practices
- Creating diversity and inclusion policies, programs, and practices
- Developing or updating handbooks, manuals, and employment policies
- Providing proactive audit services that allow our clients to find and correct problems before they become lawsuits
If a discrimination or harassment lawsuit is filed despite your company’s best efforts, Skoler Abbott will vigorously defend your organization. We have obtained positive results for our clients’ lawsuits filed under discrimination and harassment laws, including the following:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991
- The Equal Pay Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The WARN Act
- Numerous other Federal and State Laws
Our experienced counselors and litigators are there to provide an honest, objective assessment of the facts, the law, the likelihood of prevailing, and your settlement possibilities. Our knowledgeable attorneys will be with you, guiding you and zealously representing your interests, at every step of the way.