In the current U.S. immigration climate, employers must deal with aggressive government enforcement actions and constantly evolving immigrations laws.
Because of this, taking a proactive approach to immigration compliance can protect against significant civil fines and, in extreme cases, criminal penalties.
Some of our immigration compliance services include:
- I-9 process review and audits (including assistance with electronic I-9s and E-Verify);
- E-Verify assistance and guidance
- Immigration policy review and development
- Immigration compliance training for managers and supervisors (including I-9 completion and discrimination avoidance)
- H-1B visa and other employment authorization assistance
At Skoler, Abbott & Presser, our attorneys help solve immigration-related problems related to the hiring, employment, separation or transfer of foreign and U.S. workers. We work closely with employers to create compliance strategies that will meet our client’s needs, with a careful eye toward mitigating the risk of civil fines and potential criminal penalties.