While the attorneys at Skoler, Abbott & Presser are passionate about winning cases in the courtroom, we recognize that there are other dispute resolution forums that can sometimes provide less expensive, quicker results.
Alternate Dispute Resolution (“ADR”), which includes both mediation and arbitration, has long been a mainstay for disputes that are not well-suited for court. Our firm effectively and appropriately utilizes ADR processes as an alternative to costly and time-consuming litigation whenever that option is available and advisable.
The Skoler Abbott team has years of experience drafting, defending, and enforcing arbitration agreements. Further, our attorneys have helped both public and private clients resolve their disputes through cost-effective, well-managed, and creative solutions. Our ADR services include:
- Drafting mediation or arbitration contract clauses
- Advising and representing clients during ADR proceedings
- Preparing clients for ADR proceedings
We help employers avoid litigation through counseling and training, including:
- Advising clients on employment decisions to avoid claims
- Auditing and reviewing employment policies and practices
- Training supervisors and employees to avoid actions which could result in employment claims
- Investigating internal complaints
- Handling current employees with pending claims
- Advising on a case-specific basis regarding compliance with applicable employment laws while maximizing the employer’s ability to accomplish its business objectives
- Advising employers on cost/benefit issues and risk assessment regarding employment decisions, litigation, employment insurance, mandatory arbitration policies, mediation, and settlement