Providing a safe and healthy workplace should be a top priority for employers.
Over the years, we have helped our clients through the process of workplace health and safety, with the goals of protecting them from liability, reducing the severity of government citations, and avoiding litigation whenever possible. Unfortunately, the increasing breadth of compliance regulations, policies, and interpretations under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”), and state and local agencies can make getting into compliance challenging. The team at Skoler, Abbott & Presser is ready to help. Our attorneys assist employers comply with their legal requirements to minimize the risk of costly fines and penalties.
Our attorneys are ready to help your business with the following services:
- Investigation of workplace accidents
- Responding to OSHA inspections and safety-related whistleblower complaints
- Effectively negotiating and resolving OSHA citations
- Defending OSHA citations and safety-related whistleblower actions
- Advising and counseling to help ensure compliance with OSHA and other workplace safety standards
- Advising and counseling on drug and alcohol testing, including development of lawful testing programs
- Reasonable suspicion training
- Developing written safety programs, standard operating procedures, workplace safety rules, and employee handbooks
- Developing workplace violence prevention programs
We also offer training and education programs that provide companies with the knowledge and skills critical to maintaining a safe and compliant workplace. Our clients include employers in the general industry, manufacturing, construction, hotel and hospitality, health care, and special industry sectors.