The DOL’s new overtime regulations go into effect December 1, 2016. To help employers prepare for these significant changes, the attorneys at Skoler, Abbott & Presser are holding a symposium to address strategies and best practices for handling the new regulations, as well as to provide an overview of other recent developments in state and federal labor and employment law.
In addition to a presentation on the new overtime regulations, the symposium will include breakout sessions on a variety of other topics, including:
- Massachusetts’ new Pay Equity law
- Tips for conducting workplace investigations
- Updates on recent NLRB rulings and other labor law developments
- Emerging legal issues, including transgender and social media
- Substance abuse in the workplace, marijuana, and drug testing issues; and
- Holding difficult conversations with employees
The Symposium takes place Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at the Sheraton Springfield, Boland Way, Springfield, MA 01144 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.
The cost is $50.00 per attendee (please make check payable to: Skoler, Abbott & Presser, P.C.).
To register, please send your name, job title, company name, company address, telephone number and e-mail address to our Office Administrator, Jamie Martin. Jamie’s contact information is: