Major changes to the federal overtime compensation rules are less than a month away. Next week, Skoler Abbott Attorney John Gannon will be discussing the new rules in detail during the Springfield Regional Chamber’s Lunch ‘N Learn event. Attorney Gannon will also talk about the Massachusetts pay equity law, which was amended this summer to strengthen pay equity in the Commonwealth and increase wage transparency. The event is being held on November 9, 2016, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at The Colony Club, 1500 Main Street, Springfield, MA.
Among other things, Attorney Gannon will discuss:
- The new salary thresholds for overtime exemptions
- How companies can use bonuses, incentive payments and commissions to meet the new threshold
- How the new automatic update to the minimal salary threshold will impact a business in the future
- Different methods for compensating reclassified employees and tracking their time
- Communication and training strategies for reclassified employees and their managers
- How the new overtime rule will impact employee benefits
- The new restrictions on pay and hiring practices required by the pay equity law
- Changes needed to job applications, interviewing techniques and recruiting procedures
- Pay equity protection for employers who audit pay practices
Reservations for the November 9 Lunch ‘N Learn are $25 for Springfield Regional Chamber members and $35 for general admission. Registration includes lunch and one-on-one discussions with Attorney Gannon. Reservations may be made online at springfieldregionalchamber.com.