Meaghan E. Murphy is licensed in both Connecticut and Massachusetts. She brings six years of general litigation and labor and employment experience to Skoler Abbott.
Meaghan regularly advises clients on various workplace issues, including discipline and performance issues, policy development and implementation, and compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations. She looks to guide her clients toward reasonable, common-sense solutions to workplace conflicts.
Meaghan has successfully represented clients in state and federal courts, at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD), the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO), and other forums. She has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star since 2018.
Born and raised in Springfield, when she is not practicing law, Meaghan enjoys hiking, watching soccer, learning new recipes and spending time with family and friends.
- United District Court, Massachusetts, 2018
- United District Court, Connecticut, 2015
- Massachusetts, 2014
- Connecticut 2014
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, Hampden County Bar Association
- J.D., Western New England University of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts, 2014
- B.A., Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts, 2010
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018-2020
- 2013–2014 recipient of the Edward B. Cooley Award for Excellence in Labor Law, Western New England University School of Law
Professional Activities/Community Involvement
- Volunteer, Big Brothers Big Sisters, 2018-present
- Member, Executive Board, New Lawyers Section, Hampden County Bar Association
- Pro Bono Volunteer, Hampden County Bar Association, Lawyer for the Day Program
- Frequent contributor to business and human resource publications
- Frequent speaker on employment-related legal topics for a wide variety of associations and organizations